All donations are used to help victims of domestic violence & sexual assault, supporting our mission to put an end to such violence. Our clients needs are taken care of first, and the surplus inventory is sold in Elite Repeat to help finance other needs of our clients & programs.
Monday—Friday: 9:00am—5:00pm (No weekend donations accepted)
There are rare exceptions where we cannot accept donations due to space or fire codes, so feel free to call us about large donations before you come. Also, we appreciate the opportunity to meet you and thank you in person, so please do not leave donations on our doorstep when we are closed.
1426 Sam Houston Avenue (corner of 15th street and Sam Houston Ave.)
WHAT we CAN accept*...
New and/or gently used merchandise to include:
- Clothing & shoes (women, men, & children —all sizes)
- New socks, bras, underwear (ladies, girls, boys, & teens)
- Jewelry, accessories, purses, wallets, & glasses
- Home furnishings & décor (Furniture, rugs, lamps, art)
- House wares (dishes, utensils, pots & pans)
- Seasonal decorations (trees, wreaths, ornaments)
- Collectibles & antiques
- Working electronics/small appliances (vacuum cleaners, DVD players, etc.)
- Clean Toys
- Baby walkers, strollers, high chairs
- Luggage, tote bags, duffle bags, backpacks
- Canned goods & other non-perishable foods
- Paper goods
- Hygiene/personal items (deodorant, lotion, makeup, etc.)
Donations of money and gift cards, such as VISA, MC, Wal-Mart, grocers, gas, etc. are always accepted and used to directly purchase items needed for clients.
This list is not all inclusive so please call us if you have questions about items you are wanting to donate!
WHAT we CANNOT accept…
- Anything broken, stained, torn, or missing parts
- Mattresses/mattress pads, baby beds, & crib Bumper pads*
- Sleeping bags, quilts , pillows, & comforters that aren’t sterilized
- Large kitchen appliances*
- Books in large quantities
- Car seats (unless brand new )
- Exercise Machines
- Garage sale leftovers
- Computer equipment and related accessories*
- Renovation items (i.e. stove tops, built in light fixtures, etc.)
*There are occasions in which we may have a specific need in the agency which would allow us to accept these items if in exceptional condition. Please call and check with us if you have one of these items that you would like to donate!
Call SAAFE House at 291-3529 or Elite Repeat at 291-6135